Hotel agreement terms and conditions of the Moselhotel Hähn in Koblenz Current as of: December 5, 2009
These terms and conditions apply to contracts concerning the
renting of hotel rooms for the purpose of accommodation as well as all other services and supplied goods for customers on the part of Moselhotel Hähn.
The subletting or re-letting of the rented spaces, the use of the rented hotel rooms for purposes other than accommodation, for public invitations to job interviews and related promotional activities,
sales events and similar functions, as well as the use of hotel spaces beyond the rented rooms for the above-mentioned functions require the prior written consent of Moselhotel Hähn and may incur additional fees. § 540 paragraph 1 sentence 2 of the BGB (German Civil Code) does not apply provided the customer is not the consumer.
3. The terms and conditions of the customer apply only if these are expressly agreed upon in writing in advance.
2. Conclusion of Contract, Contracting Party; Limitation
1. This agreement is concluded on the acceptance of the customer's application. All reservations must be made in written form.
2. If a third party has placed the order on behalf of the customer, the third party is, together with the customer, liable to Moselhotel Hähn for all obligations arising from the hotel agreement.
4. All claims against Moselhotel Hähn are subject to a one-year period of limitation after the start of the regular limitation period prescribed by section 199 paragraph 1 of the BGB (German Civil Code), which period is triggered by the necessary awareness of the cause for a claim. Claims for damages are subject to a five-year period of limitation, regardless of awareness.
3. Services, Prices, Payments, Compensation
The customer is obligated to pay
the applicable or agreed prices from Moselhotel Hähn for rooms provided and for other services used. This also applies to services or expenses arranged by Moselhotel Hähn with third parties on behalf of the customer.
2. Moreover, prices may be changed by Moselhotel Hähn if the customer requests changes to the number of rooms booked, hotel services or the duration of stay for guests, and these requests are agreed to by Hotel Hähn.
3. Invoices from Moselhotel Hähn are to be paid without deductions within 10 days starting from arrival of the invoice, unless otherwise agreed. The hotel is entitled at any time to declare accrued outstanding debts to be due and to demand immediate payment thereof. In the event of default of payment, Moselhotel Hähn is entitled
to demand the respectively applicable statutory default. Moselhotel Hähn reserves the right to provide proof of a greater loss.
4. Following receipt of the booking confirmation for a hotel reservation, payment of 10% of the total price is to be due as a deposit. The remaining amount
is to be paid up to 8 days before arrival, and the deposit slip is to be presented
8. The customer may only offset or reduce an undisputed or legally binding outstanding debt owed by the hotel against an outstanding debt owed to the hotel.
4. Withdrawal of the Customer (Cancellation) / Non-Use of Services of Moselhotel Hähn
1. Withdrawal of the customer from an agreement concluded with Moselhotel Hähn
requires the written consent of Moselhotel Hähn. Should this not occur, the agreed price is to be paid even if the customer does not use the contractually specified services. This shall not apply with the breach of obligation of Moselhotel Hähn to take into account the rights, objects of legal protection and interest of the customer if holding to the contract is no longer reasonable or another statutory or contractual cancellation right exists.
2. Cancellation is possible for both parties free of charge up to 30 days prior to arrival. The customer's right of cancellation lapses if he or she does not exercise this right towards Moselhotel Hähn in writing by the agreed date, provided it is not a case of cancellation under clause 1 subclause 3.
3. Following the free-of-charge cancellation period, the cancellation costs shall be calculated per registered participant based on the total price of the services booked as follows:
° Day of booking until the 21st day prior to arrival: 20%, but not less than €35.00
° from the 20th to the 15th day prior to arrival: 30%
° from the 14th to the 7th day prior to arrival: 45%
° from the 6th day up to 3 days prior to arrival: 60%
° 2 days prior to arrival up to the day of arrival: 80% for overnight stays with or without breakfast; 70% for half board; 60% for full board
5. Provision of Accommodation, Check-In and Check-Out
1. Booked rooms shall be made available to customers starting at 2PM on the
agreed day of arrival. The customer has no right to earlier provision of the accommodation. Provided a later arrival is not expressly agreed upon or the room in question has not been paid for in advance, Mostel Hotel Hähn has the right to reallocate the booked room after 6PM without the customer being entitled to any claim for compensation against Moselhotel Hähn.
2. Rooms are to be vacated and made available to Hotel Hähn no later than 11AM on the agreed day of departure. Moselhotel Hähn may accordingly charge 50% of the full lodging price if the customer vacates the room later than contractually agreed but no later than 6PM, or 100% of the full lodging price if the customer vacates the room after 6PM.
6. Liability of Moselhotel Hähn
1. Moselhotel Hähn's liability for objects brought
by the customer and stored in the safe deposit box is limited under statutory provisions to the hundredfold room price, but shall not exceed €350. The liability of the hotel with regard to cash, securities and valuable objects is limited to €800. Moselhotel Hähn recommends making use of this possibility. Liability claims expire unless the customer notifies the hotel of loss, destruction or damage immediately upon becoming aware of these (section 703 of the German Civil Code). For further liability
of Moselhotel Hähn, the aforementioned clause 1 subclauses 2 through 4 apply accordingly.
2. Belongings left behind by the customer will only be forwarded upon the customer's request and at the customer's own risk and cost. Moselhotel Hähn will store these belongings for three months; following this period,
they will be transferred to the local lost property office provided the objects are of discernible value.
The registered office of Moselhotel Hähn is the place of fulfillment and